Fort Gibson is the oldest settlement (Town) in Oklahoma. Located between Muskogee and Tahlequah on State Highway 62 and 40 miles southeast of Tulsa. The town received it’s name from the military fort established here in the mid 1800’s. The Grand, Arkansas and Verdigris rivers converge northwest of town to create the Three Forks River area which is home to the Muskogee Port. Five miles north of town is the Fort Gibson Dam which creates Fort Gibson Lake. The Town’s population within the city limits is around 5,000. Total school district population is approximately 10,000. The largest employer is the school district followed by Whitlock Packaging Corp. Whether it be our award-winning public schools, a wonderful park system or the low crime rate, Fort Gibson is at the epicenter of quality living.